99 Things Meme
Saw on David Lee King’s blog — I haven’t posted in awhile, and this just may help me get back in the swing….
THE 99 THINGS MEME
Things you’ve already done: bold
Things you want to do: italicize
Things you haven’t done and don’t want to – leave in plain font
1. Started your own blog.
2. Slept under the stars. (Outdoor Ed in Jr.High)
3. Played in a band. (yes, if ”concert band” counts)
4. Visited Hawaii.
5. Watched a meteor shower.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity. (definitely post-Hurricane Katrina)
7. Been to Disneyland/world.
8. Climbed a mountain.
9. Held a praying mantis. (um, no thank you. those things freak me out)
10. Sang a solo. (3rd grade — Rainbow Connection)
11. Bungee jumped.
12. Visited Paris.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. (i consider myself a self-taught cook)
15. Adopted a child.
16. Had food poisoning. (in France. Try explaining symptoms in your 2nd language — tres difficile!)
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
18. Grown your own vegetables.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.
20. Slept on an overnight train. (Europe)
21. Had a pillow fight. (well, i WAS in a sorority)
22. Hitch hiked.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. (when i worked full time, i was a big believer in mental health days)
24. Built a snow fort.
25. Held a lamb.
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Run a marathon. (NY in 1999)
28. Ridden a gondola in Venice.
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
31. Hit a home run.
32. Been on a cruise.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.
35. Seen an Amish community.
36. Taught yourself a new language.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. (this one is bizarre to me
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.
39. Gone rock climbing.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David in person.
41. Sung Karaoke. (in Italy)
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant.
44. Visited Africa.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
46. Been transported in an ambulance.
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone deep sea fishing. (and proceeded to get uber sea sick)
49. Seen the Sistine chapel in person.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling.
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater.
55. Been in a movie.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
57. Started a business.
58. Taken a martial arts class (kick boxing — the REAL sport, not the aerobics variety)
59. Visited Russia.
60. Served at a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies. (i prefer to eat them)
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Gotten flowers for no reason.
64. Donated blood. (not allowed)
65. Gone sky diving.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.
67. Bounced a check.
68. Flown in a helicopter.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. (does my younger sister count???)
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
71. Eaten Caviar.
72. Pieced a quilt.
73. Stood in Times Square.
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London.
77. Broken a bone.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.
80. Published a book.
81. Visited the Vatican.
82. Bought a brand new car.
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper. (playing the flute outside my Jr. High while I waited for my ride, as well as numerous swimming photos)
85. Read the entire Bible.
86. Visited the White House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.
88. Had chickenpox.
89. Saved someone’s life. (dont’ necessarily WANT to, but hope i could do the job if needed)
90. Sat on a jury.
91. Met someone famous.
92. Joined a book club.
93. Lost a loved one.
94. Had a baby.
95. Seen the Alamo in person.
96. Swum in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a law suit.
98. Owned a cell phone.
99. Been stung by a bee.